Tuesday, September 20

Yum, Yum.

At the farmer's market, I pick up flowers and well as some fresh veggies. I love farmer's markets, so much! Delicious, fresh wholesome food. And it's autumn weather, which makes me two times happy!

Anyways, I made some tasty bruschetta chicken with a side of fresh corn. I found the recipe at tasteofhome.com, but here it is here too!

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 egg substitute (I used two eggs)
4 boneless chicken breasts (I used 6-8 chicken tenders)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese-grated
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I used italian seasoned bread crumbs)
1 T butter, melted
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I bought cherry tomatoes-so I used those)
3 T fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T EVOO
S&P to taste

Place flour and eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken in egg, then in flour and place into a 9 by 13 baking dish. Combine cheese, bread crumbs and butter-sprinkle over chicken.

Loosely cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover and finish baking for 5-10 minutes.

While chicken is baking, mix remaining ingredients (I also like to put 3 T or so of minced red onion and    1T of balsamic vinegar into my bruschetta).  Place on chicken when finished baking (or if you want it warm, put in oven when you remove the foil). SO good.

1 thoughts:

Jessica said...

This sounds delicious!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!